Welcome to TNW Fundamentals, a group of suggestions, guides, and recommendation on easy methods to simply get essentially the most out of your devices, apps, and different stuff.
When you’re a day by day Google Docs consumer, you already know that the phrase editor has gotten higher and higher the previous few years. In 2022 particularly, Google has added fairly a number of extra options that’ll positively make your life simpler.
So, in the event you’re amongst these customers who discover it onerous to continuously maintain tabs with what’s new, look no additional. Listed here are this yr’s updates you shouldn’t miss:
1. Emoji response
For these occasions that phrases fail you (otherwise you’re too lazy to kind), Docs lets you reply to textual content with a easy emoji, moderately than a completely written remark.
- Spotlight the phrase, sentence, or paragraph you need.
- Click on on the emoji icon on the suitable (beneath the remark icon).
- Select the emoji from the displayed checklist.
2. Pageless format
Generally it is advisable to ditch annoying web page breaks, particularly if you wish to insert large tables or photographs. You possibly can arrange your Doc to pageless in order that it repeatedly scrolls with out web page breaks, making it simpler to learn and print.
- Go to File and choose Web page Setup.
- On the prime of the dialogue window, choose Pageless.
- Click on OK to verify.
3. Tabel templates
Hate creating tables from scratch? I really feel your ache. As an alternative, you’ll be able to select one of many 4 tables obtainable — they don’t provide a lot selection, however the function will be very helpful for monitoring work and product improvement progress.
- Click on on Insert > Desk > Desk Templates.
- Select between Product Roadmap, Evaluate Tracker, Undertaking Belongings, and Launch Content material Tracker.
4. Drop-down menu
Drop-down lists are useful instruments when coming into knowledge. They provide the selection of enter, with out creating a multitude within the doc, and you need to use them to pick out a standing for a mission, reply a query, select a location — you identify it.
Google Docs gives each preset and customized drop-down menus to suit any doc.
- Choose the spot the place you need the drop-down. You possibly can place it wherever within the textual content or inside a desk.
- Click on on Insert > Dropdown.
- Select between Preset Dropdown to insert the Undertaking Standing or Evaluate Standing menus.
- Select New Dropdown to create a customized checklist. You possibly can identify it, add objects, and select colours for every of them. Click on Save if you’re completed.
5. Add a abstract
Summarizing your doc and calling out vital factors is each time- and labor-saving.
- Click on on View > Present define. A textual content field seems on the left. Click on the + icon to start out typing your abstract. Press Enter to put it aside. To edit at any level, transfer your cursor over it, and click on the Edit Abstract icon (pencil).
Take these options out for a spin and thank me later!